After a car crash, a spinal cord injury, and a stroke, Jeff became a wheelchair user.
Some products and adaptions that make his home accessible.
- A hand-held shower-head lets Jeff test water temperature, shampoo and rinse his hair without having to raise his hand above his head.
- A cabinet was removed giving space to come closer to the sink.
- The mirrored medicine cabinet was lowered, to easily reach items, the mirror is at the right hight.
- Single lever faucets require less writs/finger motion than knobs, and were replaced.
- An intercom gives Jeff access throughout the house.
- www.abledata.com is the largest source of information about 50,000 assistive devices and adaptable products. they offer description and manufacturer, but sell no products.