- Avoid injury by eliminating obstacles: Rearrange furniture, hide wires to avoid tripping over them. Remove area rugs.
- Try different heights for easiest, safest transferring. A high bed is easier to sit down and stand up from edge without help. One too low places a strain on the back of helpers changing your position or during transfers.
When transferring, lock wheels, or place bed against wall.
- If mattress is too soft: Have plywood placed between mattress and box spring will help make lifting yourself more easily to a sitting position,
- A wedge pillow can support your back when sitting up.
- Pillows can support an arm or shoulder to maintain proper body alignment.
More about: Proper positioning. >
- Arrange clothing to be easily reached. Wire adjustable shelves from ww.homedepot.com are ready to install to any height.
Add-on baskets replace dressers, increase storage space.
- Go to www.abledata.com for a list of manufacturers of 50,000 adaptable products!
- Replace hardware: Levers are easier to manage than a round knob.
- If a dresser drawers is difficult to open and close loop a cord around knobs for easy pulling.
Please follow and like us: